As a new parent, it can be difficult to find ways to bond with your newborn. While cuddles and affection are important for your little one, it’s also important to have fun together too. Here are some activities you can do with your baby to create strong emotional bonds and lasting memories.
1. Give Them A Swing. Baby swings are wonderful toys that can provide hours of entertainment for your little one. You can find swings that have soothing music and colorful lights to help stimulate their senses. Swings also provide the perfect opportunity for tummy time or just laying back and relaxing as you spend time together.
2. Practice Baby Massage. Massage has been around for centuries and it’s no surprise why. Studies show that it can help babies relax, boost their immune systems and give them increased physical touch from their parents. Plus, infant massage is a great way for you and your baby to bond and get to know each other better. Before you start, however, make sure to do your research to find out the best techniques for your individual child.
3. Take A Bath Together. Nothing says bonding like a good old-fashioned bath time. Make sure you choose a warm, comfortable area and monitor your baby closely – the most important thing is safety. Then, use this time for lots of singing, splashing, and tickling. It’s also a great opportunity to talk to your baby about how special they are.
4. Read Together. Reading stories is an amazing way to get to know your baby and it can help create positive memories for them. Pick books with bright colors and fun illustrations that will keep your baby’s attention. As you read, point out the pictures and make funny noises or sing special songs.
5. Take A Walk. Taking a walk outside can be a great opportunity to bond with your baby while getting some fresh air. Bundle them up and put them in a stroller or baby carrier and take a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood. As you walk, talk to them about what you see and point out things that you find interesting.
These are just a few of the activities you can do to help your baby bond with you. So don’t be afraid to get creative and have fun with your little one!