Bringing a new baby into the world can be an exciting, yet overwhelming experience. When you’re expecting a newborn, it’s important to make sure you’re prepared for the journey ahead and have all the essentials in place before your little one arrives.
When it comes to newborn baby care, there are some items that are must-haves. From the basics like car seats and cribs to feeding supplies and clothing, there are plenty of things you’ll need to get ready for your new addition. Here are some newborn baby care essentials you should consider having before your little one arrives:
- Crib/bassinet: You’ll need a place for your baby to sleep, so make sure you have a crib or bassinet set up. If you opt for a crib, make sure it meets all safety requirements.
- Car seat: For safe car rides, you’ll need to purchase a car seat designed for infants. Speak to your local car seat expert to ensure you’re getting the right seat for your baby.
- Clothing: You’ll need plenty of onesies, sleepers, pants, socks, hats, and mittens. Look for soft, lightweight fabrics that are gentle on your baby’s delicate skin.
- Feeding supplies: If you plan to breastfeed, you’ll need a few essentials such as nursing bras, nursing pads, and a breast pump. If you plan to formula feed, you’ll want bottles, nipples, and possibly a bottle warmer.
- Diapers and wipes: Stock up on diapers and wipes so you don’t have to worry about running out when your baby needs a change.
In addition to the essentials, you may also want to invest in other items such as a baby bath, diaper bag, bottle sterilizer, and a baby monitor. Preparing for a new baby can be a lot of work, but if you have the right items in place, it will make your experience much easier.